The best tailgate grills can make you one of the most popular tailgaters in the row. You can cook up your favorite sausages, burgers, hot dogs, and chicken wings with ease and put the grill back into your tailgate when you’re ready to head into the stadium.
The Weber Q 2400 Portable Electric Grill is the perfect companion grill for tailgaters. You can use it either on the stand that’s available for an additional charge or use it as a tabletop model that fits nicely on any flat surface. You can place it on grass, gravel, asphalt, or just set it up on the bed of your truck to enjoy your favorite recipes anywhere.
The compact design fits a lot of food on the cooking surface. Cook up to 12 burgers at a time on the ridged surface and sear them to perfection each time on your Weber Q 2400 Portable Electric Grill.
Best Tailgate Pellet Grill 2021 Reviews
Weber Q 2400 Portable Electric Grill
Tailgating is a communal event, and the Weber Q 2400 Portable Electric Grill turns an intimate get-together between friends into a full-blown party. Prepare your favorite chicken, pork, or steak recipes quickly on this easy-to-use grill.
Use the 1,560 watts of power to evenly and thoroughly cook your food on the porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates. The cast aluminum body is durable, so don’t feel bad if you accidentally drop it or bang it against a car door. The nylon frame and handles are easy to handle, removing the awkwardness of unpacking your grill from your trunk.
- Lightweight at just 44 lbs.
- 6’ cord ensures you can plug in anywhere
- Compact size fits in your car or truck easily
- Grease management features a removable catch pan
- Frame, handles are sturdy and comfortable to carry
- Requires 120-volt electrical outlet or generator
- It does not offer a smoky taste associated with charcoal
Weber Jumbo Joe 18-Inch Portable Charcoal Grill
The price point of the Weber Jumbo Joe 18” Portable Charcoal Grill is one of the best features, but the benefits don’t end there. It’s great to tote along with you for tailgates. There are no frills, bells, or whistles. It’s simply just a solid, dependable grill that can withstand regular use thanks to its porcelain-coated stainless steel construction
Bring it with you to camp to cook up whole chickens or smoke turkeys because the 240 in2 of grill space is big enough to accommodate both. Eliminate batch cooking on smaller grills because you can cook up to 9 burgers at once on this grill. The Tuck-n-Carry lid lock ensures that the lid attaches securely to the grill’s body, making carrying it easy.
- Bowl, lid is porcelain-enameled for corrosion resistance
- Carry grill by handle with convenient Tuck-N-Carry lock
- Heat shield keeps lid cool to the touch
- Ash catcher and aluminum dampers are anti-rust
- Barbecue anywhere without giving up cooking surface size
- The damper can scratch the lid’s metal surface
Kamado Joe Joe Jr Ceramic Grill On Stand
The Kamado Joe Joe Jr Ceramic Grill is all damper-controlled, so it works a lot like kettle-style charcoal grills. However, the ceramic material used in manufacturing provides excellent heat transference, making this grill superior for smoking, searing, braising, and even baking.
While lump charcoal is the best fuel for a Kamado grill, don’t feel limited to it. You can easily smoke on this grill using wood chips to infuse delicious hickory, apple, or mesquite flavors into your tailgating recipes.
It’s compact and lightweight at only 68 lbs. Once lit, this grill just takes 15 minutes to preheat, so you’ll be cooking in no time. The 304 stainless steel-hinged grill grate makes refueling your wood or charcoal easy. It comes with a grill grate gripper, an ash cleaning tool, and a heat deflector for indirect cooking.
- Cast iron fire grate withstands higher temperatures
- Specially designed to lock in moisture and flavor
- Stand stabilizes grill while in use
- Kamado grills can have a steep learning curve
- Can have extended heat-up times
Traeger Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill
Grill and bake your favorite tailgating recipes all day long with the Traeger Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill. Everything from cinnamon rolls to marinated grilled chicken and ribs is at your fingertips with this powerful yet compact, portable cooker.
Monitoring temperatures is a thing of the past with this grill, ensuring more time for fun, games, and socializing. Set your desired temperature of 180°F to 450°F, place your food on the 300 in2 cooking surface, and walk away.
This compact model infuses delicious smoky flavors into your food using the wood pellets of your choice. Impress your fellow fans with everything from your best brisket recipe to your favorite cornbread right in a parking lot.
- Grease management includes a bucket for draining liquids
- The large capacity hopper holds up to 8 lbs.
- Keep Warm mode ensures hot food service
- Legs fold up for transportation, wheels included
- The LED temperature display is easy to see and read
- Properly season grill before first use
- Difficult to cold smoke at lower temperatures
Weber Go-Anywhere Portable Charcoal Grill
Big fun doesn’t have to come with a price tag to match. The low price point of this Weber portable charcoal grill is a prominent feature, but it’s not the best part of this tailgating grill.
The heavy-duty legs lock in place, making carrying and packing this grill easy. Control temperatures with the air vents on top of the lid to char and sear your proteins to perfection on 160 in2 of grilling space. Weber bakes on the black, porcelain-enameled finish to the stainless steel lid and bowl to resist corrosion and add longevity to the grill’s life.
- Excellent price point fits in any budget
- Dampers control the temperature of the cooking surface
- The sleek design is durable and functional
- Lid locks in place for easy transport and safety
- The compact size makes grilling anywhere easy
- Batch cooking required for larger groups
- No side shelves available for storage help
Everdure By Heston Blumenthal FURNACE 52-Inch 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
Propane grillers can rejoice because this 3-burner propane gas grill from Everdure by Heston Blumenthal is a perfect on-the-go grill to take tailgating. You’ll be able to sear your steaks, chicken, and kabobs fast. It only takes five minutes to heat up.
It features 479 in2 of grilling space, which eliminates the need for batch cooking. The grill sets up perfectly as a tabletop model, or you can use it with its 3-tier stand for a freestanding experience that saves counter space for preparation or service. Two top vents control airflow for temperature control.
- Available in 2 sizes: 52” and 48”
- Achieves the desired temperature in 5 minutes or less
- Uses 27,000 BTUs of cooking power to sear and grill
- Rust-free die-cast aluminum construction
- Adjust heights with a 3-tier stand for easy use
- Propane only, not compatible with natural gas
- May not travel as well as other grill types
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett WiFi Controlled Portable Wood Pellet Grill
Grill everything from 10 pound pork butts to burgers and chicken on this Green Mountain Grills model. With the easy-to-use, set-it-and-forget-it approach, pitmasters have more time to enjoy the tailgate instead of limiting themselves to standing over the grill.
Enjoy games of cornhole or flip cup while your lunch slowly infuses with the wood-smoked flavor of your choice. Since you have total control over your recipes, you can custom blend your wood flavors for even more dynamic flavor layers. It’s versatile enough to smoke, grill, and sear on with temperatures ranging from 150°F to 550°F. You can monitor this range from your phone with the digital temperature probe.
- Wi-Fi enabled for complete control anywhere you tailgate
- Set temperatures and let the grill monitor it
- Smoke and sear with temperatures from 150°F-550°F
- 9 lbs. hopper, perfect for hours of smoking
- Meat probe manages internal grill temperatures
- The fan can make loud noises
- Not for use with Green Mountain pizza attachment
Fuego Professional 24-Inch 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Fuego Professional 24” 2 Burner Propane Gas Grill is an easy-to-use grill that requires very little space. At 18 lbs., you can easily pick this grill up and move it to any location, or you can use the rolling caster wheels to relocate it in a parking lot when tailgating or at a sport or church fund-raising event.
The cooking surface is deceiving. It looks small, but you can easily cook up to 20 burgers on it at one time, making this grill a fantastic grill for feeding large groups at one time. It mimics convection cooking with integrated heat reflection shields, so even with natural gas or propane, you have many cooking op
- Assemble it quickly, 30 minutes or less
- Weighs 18 lbs.
- Cook 20 burgers on the surface at a time
- Smoke and grill with temperatures 250°F to 700°F
- It can take a long time to reach temperature
- Conversion to natural gas can be difficult
Primo Oval Junior 200 Ceramic Kamado Grill On GO Portable Carrier
Deciding whether to use lump charcoal or wood chips is a tough decision when firing up your Primo Oval Junior 200 Ceramic Kamado Grill.
While charcoal may be a traditional fan favorite, with a Kamado grill, you can also blend your favorite wood chips to infuse new flavors of hickory and mesquite or cherry and oak into your chicken, ribs, or kabobs. It adds an extra layer of flavor to your already masterful creations.
This dynamic and versatile grill is perfect for multiple cooking methods. It builds and keeps heat well thanks to its patented ceramic design, allowing for even heat distribution across 210 in2 of cooking surface. Smoking meat at 180°F is just as easy as searing and grilling at 500°F.
- Many accessories and nesting styles available to customize experience
- Grill, bake, roast, or smoke all on 1 cooker
- Cooking grids allow for versatility in cooking methods
- Ceramic material prevents proteins from drying out
- The price point is steep for more conservative budgets
Icon Grills 100 Series 214 Sq. Inch Table Top Kamado Grill
The Icon Grills 100 Series 214 Sq. In. Table Top Kamado Grill is an excellent option for those veteran tailgaters who want to lock in the natural moisture and flavors of their proteins while having the option to add smoke into their food as well.
Use your favorite lump charcoal or wood chips to create your tailgating culinary masterpieces, or remove the ash pan completely and install the Quick Change Electric Insert to use electricity as your primary fuel source instead.
This allows you to manage your grease for healthier diets. This Quick Change accessory is easy to switch out, reverting your grill to charcoal or wood-fired at a whim.
- Remove the ash pan to upgrade to an electric grill
- Reduces the learning curve of Kamado-style grills
- The cover protects the grill when not in use
- Removable ash drawer makes clean up easy
- Price point might be steep for casual users
- Heavy grill may require 2 people to move
Portable Kitchen PK360 Cast Aluminum Charcoal Grill & Smoker
This Portable Kitchen model is perfect for any tailgater who wants a reliable grill that’s built to last. Durable cast aluminum conducts heat, allowing this charcoal grill to come to temperature fast and get you cooking in record time.
The stainless steel grid features a hinge that allows you to refill your charcoal or wood without removing the grid from the grill. You have 360 in2 of cooking space to enjoy with this grill.
You can pack it up in a truck without having to worry about dents or scratches. If the weather turns bad quickly, it’s rustproof, which means you won’t have to fret about keeping it dry.
- Control temperature with a 4-point venting system
- Design allows convection-type cooking
- Shelving is weatherproof for extra resilience
- Add charcoal or wood without removing cooking grid
- Sears steaks or smokes brisket and ribs
- Accessories are available but sold separately
- Expensive price point might be too much
- The Best Gas Grills Consumer Reports for 2021
- Top 10 Best Gas Grill Under $400 in 2021
- Top Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2021
- The Best Portable Pellet Grill 2021 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Grill Tool Sets in 2021 Reviews
- The Best Small Gas Grills of 2021
The Weber Q 2400 Portable Electric Grill outperforms the competition time and time again for tailgating. This grill eliminates the need for charcoal or gas fuel, which means fewer things to pack up and carry with you.
While it’s a compact grill, you can still cook up to 12 burgers at once for your tailgating group. It’s easy to use, and cleanup is a cinch. Any tailgater will love using this grill.