That’s why finding the best grill for an apartment balcony can be challenging, but once you do, it’s so rewarding. Having the ability to grill for your friends outdoors on a summer’s eve creates great memories. Finding the best options to maximize your space just takes a little research.
The top choice for the best grill for your apartment balcony is the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill. It’s compact, modern, and can be taken apart for storage if you ever require the extra space.
Giving you plenty of control over the temperature settings with five different options, you’ll be able to grill to perfection without the hassle of a gas or charcoal fuel source. It also features a nonstick coating, so there are several good reasons to check out the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill.
Best Grill for Apartment Balcony in 2021 Reviews
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
For apartment dwellers, this is the perfect choice to make grilling on your balcony a reality. When space is limited, every square inch counts. The benefit of an electric grill is immense for a rental unit because you eliminate the hassle of storing propane tanks or the mess of dealing with charcoal.
With 240 in2 of grill space, you can cook up to 12 servings for 15 people, making this great for large get-togethers. The removable grill plate allows you to clean up quickly and easily following a gathering, and you can take apart the base of the grill as well if you wish to store it away entirely.
- Allows you to cook up to 12 servings at a time
- Electric requires no charcoal or propane
- Nonstick coating that eliminates the need for oil or butter
- Choose from 5 different heat settings
- You don’t get the same smokey flavor you do from a gas/charcoal grill
Cuisinart Portable Charcoal Grill
If you’re looking for a quality grill at a low price, this portable charcoal option is perfect for you. Available in red or black, this portable grill is manufactured by Cuisinart, which is a well-respected brand of high-quality grills. The grill is made of steel for durability but weighs just 2 lbs., making it a breeze to move around your balcony and maximize your space.
While this may appear to be a small grill, it can still cook 4-6 burgers at a time so you can feed all your guests simultaneously. The dual venting system gives you the control to simmer on low heat or try searing at hot temperatures. Manage the five unique heat settings using the adjustable temperature probe.
- Cooking rack measures 150 in2
- Manage the temperature easily with dual venting
- Transports securely with 3 lid locks
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Includes an enamel-coated ash catcher
- Some users found the red coloring faded over time
Weber Original Kettle 18-Inch Charcoal Grill
This is the best charcoal grill for an apartment balcony because of its compact size and convenient non-crack tires that allow you to maneuver it out of the way when it’s not in use. The grilling surface provides 240 in2 of space for laying down your food and letting it sizzle to perfection.
The sleek, black porcelain enamel coating on this grill is baked on, which fuses the finish to the steel. This prevents any rusting or peeling from occurring so that your grill can look its best in the years to come.
The One-Touch cleaning system is effective and easy to operate. All you have to do is rotate the handle, which prompts three blades in the bowl beneath the grill to move and push ash through the vents into the ash catcher below.
- Hassle-free ash removal using the patented One-Touch cleaning system
- Aluminum vent helps achieve the right grilling temperature
- Experiment with your cooking by grilling, smoking, or searing
- Features all-weather tires to make moving the grill easy
- Challenging assembly process according to user reviews
Weber Q 1000 Portable Propane Gas Grill
This portable grill offers 189 in2 of surface area for cooking while remaining compact and moveable. If you have a cramped balcony, but you still want to entertain in the summer, this product can help you get there. You don’t have to commit one specific part of the balcony to cooking with the portable grill. It can simply be placed on the patio table and then moved inside back into storage when you’re done with it.
The durable aluminum lid and body feature drip ducts, and the removable grease catch pan means you never have to spend much time cleaning up. This product operates on a 14.1 or 16.4 oz. propane cylinder, which is sold separately.
- Features push-button electronic ignition
- Has an infinite control burner valve so you can choose the perfect temperature
- Easy clean up with the removable catch pan
- Compact size makes it possible to grill anywhere on your balcony
- Some users found it difficult to light
Blaze Professional Marine Grade Portable Propane Gas Grill on Pedestal
This gas grill is ideal for apartment balconies because of its compact stature. The pedestal base takes up minimal room, while the grill provides the same properties as any other larger model. It features the same built-in push and turn flame thrower ignition that other freestanding grills possess, but it takes up less space on your balcony.
The grill has two front-facing clasps that allow you to lock the lid in place when you need to transport or store the grill between uses. The base measures 10” and fits a standard marine chair deck plate. Blaze gas grills come with a lifetime warranty so you can feel confident in your investment. This is the best gas grill for an apartment balcony.
- Pedestal is optional
- You can pay in installments for an affordable investment
- Resistant to corrosion with 316L stainless steel exterior
- Features a 12-gauge stainless steel flame tamer for even temperatures
- ETL-certified product
- Top-end of the price range
Masterbuilt MB20150618 MEG 130B Electric Veranda Grill
For a compact electric grill that you can stick in the corner of your balcony, this is a fantastic option. It comes in a bold color that brightens up your outdoor living area and features a pedestal-style base and a circular shape grill top to make it as compact as possible.
This is a high-quality unit with a porcelain cooking grate and built-in thermostat that prevents overheating. The hinged lid makes it easy to pop open and check on your food while chatting casually to your guests at the same time.
- Comes in a bold, beautiful red finish
- Provides even heat distribution via a removable reflector plate
- Features an easy to handle hinged grill lid
- Grills evenly using 1,650-watt heating elements
- Built of thin metal
- Some users found the grill didn’t heat quickly enough
Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand Up Propane Grill
Having the option to collapse your grill and move it to storage after use is ideal when you have limited balcony space. This model provides a heavy-duty grill experience that delivers delicious food and maximizes your outdoor living area.
Choose from black, blue, green, orange, or red finishes to get a grill that matches your exterior design scheme. This is a gas grill that requires propane for operation, which is sold separately. It’s easy to clean thanks to the water pan that catches grease and can be removed effortlessly. This model also features InstaStart ignition, eliminating the need for matches when lighting with just the push of a button.
- Available in 5 beautiful colors
- Has up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power
- Features a 285 in2 cooking area
- Has 3 burners that can be independently adjusted
- 2 retractable side tables for additional surface area
- Extremely heavy to move
Weber 46110001 Spirit E-210 Gas Grill
This is the best BBQ grill for an apartment balcony. It’s a typical liquid propane gas grill with caster wheels and a full base. It provides a cooking area of 450 in2 and has a fuel gauge so you can keep track of the current fuel level at all times.
The reason this model is so ideal for an apartment balcony is the left, and right side tables conveniently fold down to save space, making this an even more compact grilling option. You can also use the wheels to move this grill around the balcony if you ever need to reshuffle your design layout. Being tight on outdoor space doesn’t necessarily mean sacrificing a standard barbecue for your home, thanks to this product.
- Features heavy-duty caster wheels for easy mobility
- Designed to resist rust and peeling
- Features 6 hooks for convenient access to utensils while cooking
- Has a built-in thermometer for accurate temperature control
- No cover included with purchase
- It requires assembly
Cuisinart Griddler Elite
If you want a diverse griddle that takes up minimal space and performs multiple cooking functions, consider the Cuisinart Griddler Elite. This device can perform as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, half griddle, half grill, and a top melt.
Whether you want hot sandwiches, wraps, burgers, or steaks, this griddler can do it all. It’s ideal for balconies because it doesn’t have a base, so you can easily place it on a patio table and bring it back inside when you’re done with it to maximize your outdoor space. It requires no propane or charcoal for an easy, mess free cooking process.
- Provides 6 cooking options in 1 compact unit
- Advanced dual-zone temperature control
- Nonstick griddle plates are removable and reversible
- Adjustable top cover features 6 presets
- Easy to read electronic LCD screen
- Has a very basic timer
- Users report the product takes a while to heat
Fire Sense Black Notebook Folding Grill
For balconies that are tight on space and can’t afford to give any floor area to a grill, this is the perfect solution. You can conveniently pull it out when you need to, unfold it, place it on a table, and begin grilling. A charcoal rack and a grill rack are included with the purchase, and while charcoal grilling can become messy, you’ll enjoy that authentic grill taste on the food cooked using this model.
This product is slim and lightweight, so you can easily carry it wherever it needs to go. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a carrying case, so you have to be careful not to get charcoal on your clothes when carrying it. It’s a simple process to assemble and disassemble this grill.
- Ultra-low price
- Uses charcoal as the fuel source
- Folds flat for portability and easy storage
- Made of durable, heat-resistant steel
- Doesn’t come with a carrying case for storage
Char-Broil 20602109 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
For a hassle-free grilling experience on the balcony, eliminate charcoal or propane use and simply use clean electrical power. To prevent flare ups and ensure your food cooks evenly, this grill uses Tru-Infrared technology. There is a control knob so you can adjust the temperature easily.
This grill weighs 46 lbs., making it a heavy one to move, so it’s most ideal if you have a designated spot on your balcony where this product can live permanently. For those with a large enough balcony, this unit provides 320 in2 of cooking space for cooking up to 12 burgers at a time. It’s perfect for hosting a party.
- Comes in 4 color variations
- Eliminates the need for charcoal or propane
- Easy to clean and rust-resistant
- Features a removable warming rack to keep food hot
- Takes a while to reach the desired temperature
- The Best Gas Grills Consumer Reports for 2021
- Top 10 Best Gas Grill Under $400 in 2021
- Top Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2021
- The Best Portable Pellet Grill 2021 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Grill Tool Sets in 2021 Reviews
- The Best Small Gas Grills of 2021
The top choice for a grill for apartment balconies is the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill because of its compact size, pedestal base, and electric power source. This model provides the perfect blend of function, affordability, and style.
The grill allows you to serve 12-15 people at a time while still taking up minimal space on the balcony since it can be easily tucked into a tight corner. Eliminate the hassle of charcoal and propane energy sources and enjoy immense temperature control with 5 different heating options on the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill.